My doctor sent in the necessary forms so I could take a name brand drug. Bluecross blueshield pharmacy board denied the request.

I called bluecross blueshield and they said I would have to try the no name drug for four weeks If it did not work they would review to see if I could switch back to my original drug.

I tried the drug before for ten days and the results were unacceptable. I feel this is just a prelude to what will happen when Obmacare has a 15 member panel not even made up of doctors deciding if your doctor's requested form of treatment will be approved before he can proceed.

Comments

caffeyw
San Antonio, Texas, United States #727907

There's no such things a Obamacare health panels. In fact the choices will be made by the insurance company just as they are now.

The government is not involved in the actual paying of benefits like they are for Medicare/Medicaid.

Ken Sin, I agree with you, just like insurance companies can tell a person what doctors to see.

KenSin

I have some news for you, ObamaCare has nothing to do with the panels decision to switch your drugs to generic, they've been doing that for at least 20 years that I know of. *** at the drug companies who spend pennies on the dollar to produce drugs & then charge the consumer hundreds of dollars for the same medication.